The female subjects of Habiba Nowrose’s ‘Concealed’ series are lost in the dizzying patterns and lurid swirls of their immediate surroundings. Faces and bodies blend into kitsch backdrops. Instead of […]
News & Blog
About Habiba Nowrose
I am a photographer based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am particularly interested in subjects that explore human relationship and gender identities. I am more inclined to take portraits as it allows the space for many different interpretations. Often my portraits are made after elaborate preparation. In my artistic process I carefully take mental note of the objects, colors, patterns and locations that attract me repeatedly. These elements play a fundamental role in my image making process. This process is psychological and interactive at the same time. I work in color and different color has different meaning for me. Taking decisions regarding these details are part of my preparation. I thoroughly enjoy this process as I enjoy image making.
2018 Certified Program on ‘Language of Photojournalism’, Danish School of Media and Journalism
2015 Three Years Professional Program on Photography,
South Asian Media Institute, Pathshala
2013 MSS, Women & Gender Studies, University of Dhaka
2011 BSS, Women & Gender Studies, University of Dhaka
- Hamburg Porftolio Review, Hamburg, Germany
- ‘Shattering Stereotypes’ ActionAidUK’, Women By Women exhibition, Oxo Tower Wharf gallery, London
- ‘Mixed Media Musing’, Art Heritage Gallery, New Delhi, India
- Dhaka Art Summit 2020
- India Art Fair, Delhi 2020
- The Davis Museum at Wellesley College, USA
- Serendipity Arts Festival 2019, Goa, India
- Indian Photography Festival, Hyderabad, India
- Dali International Photography Festival, China
- Jakarta International Photography Festival, Indonesia
- ‘Chobi Mela International Photography Festival X’, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- ‘Collective Power’ Annual Women in Film & Photography Showcase, Objectifs, Singapore
- Self/Identity, an exhibition of 42 young artists of Bangladesh
2014 International Reporting Workshop, Oslo and Akershus University College (Norway) and Pathshala South Asian Media Institute (Bangladesh). Yangon, Myanmar.
2014 10th Angkor Photo Workshop, Siem reap, Cambodia. Siem Reap, Cambodia.
2013 Storytelling Workshop with Gary Knight & Tufts University. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2013 International Master class Workshop by Pieter Ten Hoopen. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2011 “Contemporary Photography Practices” by Peter Bialobrzeski. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
+88 0172 0960 800
Get in Touch
Get in touch with me if you have any queries and I will get back to you as soon as possible.